Museum of Tekov in Levice

The Tek Museum in Levice was established thanks to the Sparrow postmaster Jozef Nécsey, who donated his extensive collection to the town in 1927. The museum then gradually supplemented this collection with archaeological and ethnographic objects, paintings, family archives and books. The first seat of the museum was the second floor of the town house, where the first administrator of the museum, Professor Eugen Kriek of the Teacher Training Institute in Levice, also installed the first exhibition called Nécsey's Room within one year. Over the following years, the museum's collection gradually grew with donations from the inhabitants of the city and the surrounding area, schools and various institutions. The greatest contribution to the museum in this period were the museum monuments of the former Piarist grammar school and collections by the African traveler Koloman Kittenberger, a native of Levíce.

We are here


Sv. Michala 40, 934 69 Levice


48.2207424795, 18.6024606228


Worth a visit in the area

We pay attention to only a few interesting places in the surrounding area, which you could visit.


Pokračovaním v prehliadaní tejto webovej stránky súhlasíte s používaním cookies. viac informácií

Nastavenia cookies na tejto webovej stránke sú nastavené na "Povoliť cookies" vám prehliadanie možné skúsenosti. Ak budete pokračovať na používanie tejto webovej stránky bez zmeny nastavenia cookies alebo kliknite na tlačidlo "Prijať" nižšie potom dávate súhlas k tomu.